Set up your 2022 Trip today!
Fill out the survey below
SETTING UP A YES TRIP
A YES Day Trip is an experience of service designed by YES and facilitated by YES leaders for local students and young adults. Participants are exposed to and engaged with the poverty of their own community and given the training and resources to be consistent servant leaders.
Read through the YES Trip description below. If you would like to bring this experience to your community, fill out the survey!
We will contact you soon to set a date.
YES DAY TRIP
Offered from March 5-May 7 (excluding April 16th and 23rd)
- To begin the planning process, gather a group of at least 5 high school and/or college students/young adults who would like to engage with the poverty of their community.
- Identify 2 of the participants above to serve as the parish or city Ambassadors who will serve as our contacts before, during, and after the Trip.
- College: 2 students with the support of their OCF
- Teen: 2 students and 1 Clergy or Youth Director
- Young Adult: 1 participant
- Fill out the survey below and enter the names and contact information for the 2 Ambassadors and the 3 additional participants.
- The Trip will take place on a Saturday from 10 am-4 pm. We will have a 2-hour Orientation to service and exposure to the poverty of your city, followed by 1-2 service opportunities that will be identified through a thorough needs assessment of your city. We will end the day with a debriefing session and discuss the next steps.
- Depending on the service opportunities, we may do orientation Friday evening.
- There is a maximum number of 25 participants including YES Leaders and local youth leaders. The maximum number may change depending on city guidelines. We ask for a minimum number of 5 participants.
- Following the Day Trip, you will receive continued support and guidance from YES leaders and Staff.
- We will engage with you in a year-long aftercare process that offers mentorship and resources to your local parish/OCF/community after the Trip.
- The process is guided by four 30 minute weekly meetings after your Trip, followed by monthly check-ins for the remainder of the year.
- When we are mid-way through the year, we will send one of your Trip Leaders back to your city for a visit!